So us grade 11's are drawing nearer to our end of year exams and they'll be the most important ones yet! We have to make sure we study hard and really do well, since the universities we will be applying to will be seeing the results for these end of year results, nothing else. June 2nd to 6th will, no doubt, be a stressful and nerve wrecking week! But hey, it not the end of the world right?
Here are some simple tips to help you with your studying before exam week:
1- Draw up a study timetable to help you organize your time.
- Leave breaks in between to make sure you don't shut down from boredom!
- Include any activities you'll be doing in order to plan your study time around it and balance your time.
2- Understand the information, don't just try to memorize it!
- Pictures, diagrams, funny phrases, mind maps, charts, raps, do what suits you to explain the concept to yourself!
3- Explain out loud what you've just studied (without reading it) to make sure you really understand and remember it
- explain to you parents, your cat, or even record yourself!
4- Place sticky notes around your room or house of a concept you want to remember, like your bathroom mirror or your fridge
5- Take notes, then take notes of the notes! It may sound long and tiring, but writing helps remember things!
- Use highlighters and different coloured pens to make your notes clearer
Everybody has their own personal way to study, and as long as it helps you understand the information, then any way is good enough! Good luck, and study smart!